Writing Referee Reports
- Berk, Jonathan, Campbell R. Harvey, and David A. Hirshleifer (2017). "How to Write an Effective Referee Report and Improve the Scientific Review Process" , Journal of Economic Perspectives:31(1), 231–244.
- Berk, Jonathan, Campbell R. Harvey, and David A. Hirshleifer (2016). "Preparing a Referee Report: Guidelines and Perspectives".
- Hamermesh, Daniel S. 1992. “The Young Economist’s Guide to Professional Etiquette.” Journal of Economic Perspectives 6(1): 162–79.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S. 1994. “Facts and Myths about Refereeing.” Journal of Economic Perspectives 8(1): 153–63.
- Cochrane, J. (2005). "Writing Tips for Ph. D. Students"
- Dudenhefer, P. (2009). "A Guide to Writing in Economics"
- Nikolov, P. (2013). "Writing Tips For Economcis Research papers"
- Shapiro, J. "Four Steps to an Applied Micro Paper"
Slides & Presentation
- Meager, R. (2017). "Public Speaking for Academic Economists"
- Shapiro, J. "How to Give an Applied Micro Talk: Unauthoritative Notes"
- Interview with JEEA managing editor Juuso Välimäki
- Kwan Choi's How to Publish in (Top) Journals (a bit dated, but still useful)
- AEA-RFE Resources for Economists on the Internet
- Finding papers and keeping up with research
- Google Scholar: Start here to find papers of interest for you. Once you find one, look at papers that cite that one.
- Ideas: Repository of economic papers (published and unpublished), books, software, etc.
- New Economic Papers Mailists: Subscribe to your area of interest to keep up with new working papers
- Social Science Research Network (SSRN): Find papers and subsribe to mailing lists of interest, e.g. NBER
Reading Lists & Syllabi
- Mark Koyama - The Political Economy of Religion & State
- Joseph Henrich & Richard Wrangham - Human Nature
Online Courses & Books
- Applied Population Genetics by Rodney J. Dyer
- Text Mining with R - A Tidy Approach by Julia Silge and David Robinson
- Tikz Cookbook for LaTeX figures.
- Rochelle Terman's Introduction To Computational Tools And Techniques For Social Research online course. Check out her other repositories.
- SimuPop: general-purpose individual-based forward-time population genetics simulation environment
- Petting zoo for reproducibility (blog reviewing useful tools)
- Creating workflows in Computational Bio